Monday, November 9, 2009

Thrifted sweater redo


What do you get when you have a thrifted wool sweater, flat marbles and your childrens elastic pony holders?  Hopefully, a really cool textured piece of wool that can then be turned into a scarflet.  I can't believe how long it has taken me to tie these marbles into my sweater, but it will be worth it once I see the end product.   

I got the idea from an article on Craftstylish.  I have felted sweaters in the washing machine before, but not using this method of adding texture.  Here's what the sweater looks like so far.  I'm placing the flat marbles randomly under the sweater to create

the bauble like texture.  I have spent $6.00 dollars in supplies for this project, so if it doesn't turn out the way I had invisioned, it won't be a total loss.

After dropping my youngest off at preschool, I hope to put the finishing touches on the sweater and throw it into the washer.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Hello fellow beginner! I can't wait to see how this project turns out...it looks super already.

    Oh, and for a blog template, I recommend visiting cutestblogontheblock.com. It is super easy to use and it will walk you through setting it up on your blog.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats on your brand new blog!! How fun! It can be pretty addicting :o)
    I'm excited to see how this sweater turns out, I've never seen this technique before!

    ReplyDelete