Thursday, November 19, 2009

Felted scarf update



I'm sorry for not posting, but I had a little one sick with the flu...yuck!!  Luckily, we are all better and getting back into our groove.  So, for me that means finishing up projects.  Here is the blue scarf that I felted with the flat marbles.  I washed the sweater twice and thought that would be enough to felt it because the weight of the sweater was light.  Half of my marbles fell off, but luckily I had put the sweater in a mesh bag, so the marbles were contained.  Overall, I like the texture of the sweater and the randomness of the baubles.  After I started to cut it into a scarf-like shape, it started to roll up on the edges.  I don't care for the raw-edge roll, so I need

to add something....I purchased some lace hem tape today in hopes of achieving the look I am going for.

It bums me out when I have the look of the finished project in my head, but I can't seem to whip it out in real life.  I will keep trying until I'm frustrated enough to let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment